After enduring 10 years of sexual abuse, a Broward teenager has found the courage to come forward against his aggressor. The suspect is a church youth pastor and has worked at schools, and detectives fear he could have more victims.
Jeffery London, 48, was arrested Wednesday night at his home in Lauderdale Lakes after returning from conducting bible study at the Bible Church of God in Fort Lauderdale. Earlier this month, the victim, who is now 18 years old, confided in a friend from church that he was abused repeatedly over the decade he lived with London. The victim’s mother had left him in London’s care when he was 8 years old after facing hard financial times.
Aside from his involvement in Bible Church of God, London worked as the Dean of Students at Eagle Charter Academy in Lauderdale Lakes from 2003-2009 and could have possibly worked at other area schools and churches.
Anyone who’s been a victim of or has information about London should contact BSO Special Victims Unit Detective Julie Bower at 954-321-4240 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8
- News2021.01.21No Serious Injuries After Single-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree