By Selene Raj
As Florida continues to be the COVID-19 epicenter, what is open and closed has been changing daily.
This week, Tamarac’s mayor and city commission has announced updates regarding which parts of the city will be reopening and which will remain closed.
City parks and fitness centers will be reopening, beginning Monday, August 10. This will include the reopening of the Gary B. Jones Park for the People and Pups. It will, however, exclude the pool at Caporella Aquatic Complex and the Community Farmers Market, which remain closed and cancelled.
The new hours will be Monday to Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. for all parks.
Facial coverings and social distancing are still required at all times. Groups of more than ten are not allowed. Some parts of the reopened parks will remain off-limits to the public.
All basketball courts, playgrounds, fitness areas, splash pads, and bathroom facilities at the parks will remain closed—but, tennis courts will be open.
In addition to the parks, the Fitness Center will also be reopening, and its new hours will be Mondays to Fridays from 6:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., and on Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
To promote sanitization, the facility will be closed daily from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for cleaning.
Guests of the fitness center must wear facial coverings at all times, even while working out and exercising.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.01.26Broken Woodlands Country Club Fountain Being Refurbished by City
- News2021.01.18‘One Tamarac’ Multicultural Festival Moves Forward with New Date
- News2021.01.15Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Board Moves Closer to Final Approval
- News2021.01.06Rep Dan Daley Advocates for his District on 5 House Committees