By: Sharon Aron Baron
The commission gave City Manager Michael Cernech a three percent merit award for a job well done at last week’s City Commission meeting.
The commission, which passed a resolution that said he had exceeded the performance requirements established for the evaluation period between January of 2014 through January of 2015, will earn Cernech roughly $6,800.00 on top of his salary of $227,915.
Cernech, has been serving as City Manager since 2011. He has been with the City since 2001 and has served as Deputy City Manager, Assistant City Manager, Interim Director of Financial Services, Interim Director of Public Works, and Interim Director of Community Development.
He thanked the commission at the June 10 meeting, “…As you know, I spoke to each of you last week regarding my own evaluation and I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you personally, and as the City Manager, for the feedback, and for the support you’ve been showing.”
Cernech also received merit awards in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton