By: Sharon Aron Baron
Join our area Veterans on Saturday, November 11, to honor the men and women who served in the United States Armed Forces who deserve this day in recognition for their service to our country.
Special Guest Speaker
This year’s keynote speaker will be Retired Lieutenant-Colonel David Harper. Harper joined the United States Air Force after graduating from Florida State University in 1968 where he served in various roles including Chief of Plans for Aeromedical Evacuation of wounded for Desert Storm.
During his service he earned the Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster, and the Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster.
Included at the event will be the Massing of Colors by the Tamarac Fire Rescue as well as music played by the Coral Glades High School Band and special messages by the Mayor Harry Dressler and the city commission. Also, light refreshments will be provided after the service by VITAS Health Care.
The Veteran’s Day event will be Saturday, November 11, at 10:30 a.m. Veterans Memorial Park at 7825 Southgate Boulevard.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsOctober 2, 2023Colossal Children’s Consignment Celebration Comes to Coral Springs Oct 12
- NewsOctober 2, 2023Man Killed in Fatal Hit-and-Run in Tamarac
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County