By: Sharon Aron Baron
Time to put on those running shoes because the 37th annual Tamarac Turkey Trot 5K run is just around the corner.
The annual Thanksgiving race which begins at Tamarac City Hall had 2,016 participants last year said spokesperson Elise Boston.
All ages can participate, and trophies will be given to the first three finishers based on Gun Time as well as to first place age group winners. Awards will be also be awarded to second and third place age group winners. Age group winners based on Net Time and awards will be presented at Tamarac City Hall after the race.
The run starts promptly at 7:30 a.m. and Special Events Coordinator Melissa Petron recommends registrants plan to arrive early to have enough time to find parking and get to the start line. She also said that strollers are allowed, but they do discourage pets on the race course.
Commemorative T-shirts are guaranteed to the first 1,800 runners that pick up their packets. T-shirts are not guaranteed on Race Day.
Tamarac City Hall, 7525 NW 88th Ave. (Pine Island Rd.) Tamarac, FL 33321. Map it.
Race begins at 7:30 a.m.
Early Registration: $25 – Before November 10th
Late Registration: $30 – November 11th – 22nd
Walk-in registration closes at 7:00 p.m. on Nov. 22nd Race Day Registration: $50 – CASH ONLY
RACE DAY REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 7:00 A.M. SHARP.
Register on-line at www.active.com. On-line registration closes at 12:00 p.m. on Nov. 22.
Trophies to first three male and female overall finishers based on Gun Time. Trophies to first, second and third place male and female age group winners. Age group winners based on Net Time. Awards will be presented at Tamarac City Hall after the race.
T-Shirts & Finisher Medals
Commemorative T-shirts guaranteed to the first 1800 runners to pick up their packets. T-shirts are not guaranteed on day of race. All finishers wearing a race bib will receive a medal.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.01.19Mayor Gomez Reselected to National League of Cities Fed Advocacy Committee
- News2022.01.14Man Loses 83 Pounds After Bariatric Surgery
- News2022.01.05Pets of the Week: Prince, Mia and Nami Are Looking for Forever Homes
- News2022.01.03Tamarac Offering Environmentally-Friendly Christmas Tree Disposal