By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac wants to provide an environmentally safe alternative for the disposal of used Christmas trees by using them as mulch and wood chips.
The trees will be chipped and used for City landscaping projects. Not only does it provide a safe alternative for disposal of used trees, it give them a second life. All residents may bring live Christmas trees to the Public Services Complex at 6011 Nob Hill Road, for recycling between Monday, January 2, 2017 through Friday, January 20, 2017 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The trees must be free of all decorations.
Christmas trees may also be placed for curbside collection on regular bulk garbage days. Again, they should be free of all decorations and ornaments. Large trees should be cut into sections no larger than 4 feet. For questions about bulk garbage, call Waste Management at 866-684-3142.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year
- News2021.09.01Reserve Your Space at the Next City-Wide Garage Sale