By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac wants to provide an environmentally safe alternative for the disposal of used Christmas trees by using them as mulch and wood chips.
The trees will be chipped and used for City landscaping projects. Not only does it provide a safe alternative for disposal of used trees, it give them a second life. All residents may bring live Christmas trees to the Public Services Complex at 6011 Nob Hill Road, for recycling between Monday, January 2, 2017 through Friday, January 20, 2017 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The trees must be free of all decorations.
Christmas trees may also be placed for curbside collection on regular bulk garbage days. Again, they should be free of all decorations and ornaments. Large trees should be cut into sections no larger than 4 feet. For questions about bulk garbage, call Waste Management at 866-684-3142.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.03.30City of Tamarac Updates Residents on Coronavirus Orders and Closures
- News2020.03.30Florida Department of Health Releases COVID-19 Cases by City as of March 30
- News2020.03.29Florida Department of Health Releases COVID-19 Cases by City as of March 29
- News2020.03.28Tamarac Schools Gear Up To Go Online after Computer Device Distribution