By Ryan Yousefi
The Broward County Sheriff’s Office North Lauderdale district invites the community to an event aimed at building positive relationships between law enforcement and the community they serve.
Broward County residents will have the opportunity to meet their local Broward County Sheriff’s deputies in a casual and friendly setting at the “Coffee with a Cop” event on Wednesday, May 3, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at Dunkin’ located at 7135 West McNab Road in North Lauderdale.
The event is open to everyone, regardless of age or background, and allows the community to ask questions, voice concerns, and get to know the officers who work in their neighborhood.
The “Coffee with a Cop” event is part of a nationwide initiative to foster positive relationships between law enforcement and the communities they serve. By providing an opportunity for face-to-face interaction, events like this help to break down barriers and build trust between law enforcement and residents.
For those who were unable to attend but still had questions, Email Deputy Alvarez at Jessica_Alvarez@sheriff.org.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2023.05.30Legacy of Scholars Golf Classic Held at Woodmont Country Club on June 3
- Crime & Safety2023.05.27Robbery Turns Violent: Stepfather and Son Arrested in Stabbing Attack that Sends Victim to Hospital
- News2023.05.23North Lauderdale Fire Explorer Program Hosts Open House for Interested Youth on May 27
- News2023.05.20Homeless and Pregnant Woman Stabbed After Seeking Refuge in Tamarac Hotel Room