By Kevin Deutsch
A crash on N. State Rd. 7 on Sunday left a Sunrise man dead and two others injured, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Manel Vernerette, 57, was killed in the t-bone collision in Lauderdale Lakes, deputies said.
The drivers of the two vehicles involved in the wreck, Serge Vernerette, 53, of Sunrise, and Jimmy Adrien, 33, of Coral Springs, were rushed to local hospitals and treated for their injuries, according to the BSO Traffic Homicide Unit.
Deputies did not specify the relationship between Manel and Serge Vernerette.
The crash happened around 6:13 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 5, as Serge Vernerette and his passenger, Manel Vernerette, traveled south on N. State Rd. 7 in a blue 2012 Honda Accord, using the left turn lane, deputies said.
At the same time, Adrien was driving north on N. State Rd. 7 in a black and white 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe, using the center thru lane.
According to investigators, Vernerette turned left into the path of Adrien’s Tahoe at Northwest 21st Street, resulting in the lethal collision.
Manel Vernerette was pronounced dead at the scene.
An update on the conditions of Serge Vernerette and Adrien were not available Tuesday.
Investigators on Tuesday said excessive speed and impairment were not considered contributing factors in the crash.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Man Had Sex With Child, Solicited Explicit Photos
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Uses Rock to Smash Store Window, Steal Merchandise
- News2022.12.10Tamarac Crime Update: Four Vehicles Stripped of Tires, Rims