Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information leading to the arrest of the suspect responsible for posing as a utility working in order to get access to a Tamarac couple’s jewelry.
BSO reported that two elderly residents in Tamarac unknowingly allowed these “workers” into their Westwood 3 home on September 13. The investigation revealed that the couple allowed a person inside who was posing as a city worker after he told the couple he was there to conduct a test of the water.
After he was inside, the suspect along with the couple walked to a bathroom on the north side of the home. It was there the suspect asked the husband to turn on the faucet, in which he did. The suspect then sprayed an unknown substance on the victim’s left arm. After telling the victim that the substance was acid, the suspect escorted the victims to the bathroom in the master bedroom. It was here that he had the wife assist her husband in removing the substance. While the victims were working on removing the substance and cleaning the area, the subject slipped away.
He grabbed the jewelry box that was on top of dresser and left the residence in an unknown direction.
BSO says the suspect is a white male 20-25 years old has a slender build, and a mustache. He was last seen wearing khaki colored pants, a white T-shirt with an orange traffic vest with a yellow strip fluorescent stripe and a yellow hard hat.
Please remind everyone you know that if anyone comes to your home unannounced, do not open the door and never let them in. It is important, however, to let them know that someone is inside in case they are casing the house. Remember, city and utility workers always wear ID.
Call 954-493-TIPS (8477) if you have any information. Or go to www.BrowardCrimestoppers.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club
- News2020.11.25Man Posing as Roofing Contractor Arrested After Scamming Tamarac Resident
- News2020.11.23City of Tamarac Continues with Residential Assistance Program
- News2020.11.19Tamarac Crime Update and Arrests Through November 16