By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Vanguard Village resident in Tamarac was killed Monday morning when he collided with a van on McNab Road just west of 81 Street.
BSO homicide detectives say that Oscar G. Aleman, 82, was riding his bicycle southbound across McNab around 8:30 am when he was hit by a 2004 Chevrolet Express driven by Serge Gharakhanian, 45, of Coral Springs. Gharakhanian had been driving eastbound on McNab Road.
Tamarac Fire Rescue and Broward Sheriff’s Office Fire Rescue responded to the scene, and airlifted Aleman to Broward Health Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications