By: Chris Brunner
Make more space inside your garage because there are two dates you will safely be able to get rid of any type of household hazardous materials that you’ve been meaning to dispose of, but haven’t had the chance to.
The cities of Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Tamarac, Fort Lauderdale, Oakland Park, and Pompano Beach have established a cooperative agreement that will allow City residents several opportunities to dispose of the full range of these materials at special one-day events throughout the year.
Tamarac residents may drop off items on Saturday, January 24 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 2201 NW 9th Avenue in Ft. Lauderdale or on Saturday, February 7 at 4181 NW 121 Avenue in Coral Springs.
The following items are considered household hazardous materials:
Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
Nail polish & remover
Tires (limit 4)
You may drop off the following: Answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions, wires
The following are not accepted: Business- and government-generated waste, explosives, biohazardous waste, microwaves, appliances.
Remember, residents are not allowed to drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.10.14Global Response Hiring Over 1,000 Customer Service Reps at Job Fair
- Events2019.10.11Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac October 19
- Events2019.10.09BSO Holds Huge Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in Tamarac
- News2019.10.09Registration Open for the Popular Tamarac Turkey Trot