By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are working with several law enforcement agencies to stop a serial robber in his tracks.
Police agencies from Lauderhill, Margate, Plantation and Sunrise are investigating robberies that are strikingly similar to two BSO cases in North Lauderdale and Tamarac. The Federal Bureau of Investigations is also part of the multi-jurisdictional investigation into the robberies at six area businesses that happened between May 31 and June 11.
In nearly all the cases, it’s believed to be the same suspect. Sometimes he brandishes a gun; sometimes he wears a green hoodie and black and yellow gloves. Sometimes he works with an accomplice. Most of the businesses targeted have been convenience food stores.
Detectives are releasing a compilation of surveillance videos from four of the six robberies, including images of a possible suspect vehicle, in hopes of identifying him.
The first images in the video show the culprit targeting a North Lauderdale convenience store with an accomplice. Around 5:13 a.m. June 10, the male duo entered the 7-Eleven at 8100 W. McNab Road. They rushed behind the counter, demanded that the clerk open the register drawers and collected the cash. They also stuffed packs of cigarettes into their plastic bags.
In the second half of the video, a suspect targets a Chevron station on 7705 N. Pine Island Road in Tamarac on May 31.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Robbery detectives Mark Copley or Trevor Goodwin at 954-321-4270. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.3023-Year-Old Man Fatally Shot in North Lauderdale; Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit Investigating
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale