By Kevin Deutsch
Investigators are asking for the public’s help in locating a female “person of interest” in the case of a robbery and assault of a woman at a North Lauderdale grocery store.
Detectives with the Broward Sheriff’s Office Robbery Unit on Friday released a photo of the woman, Lamya Marie Fuller, 20, who they believe may have information on the robber in the brazen Aug. 23 attack.
The unidentified male robber approached the victim from behind just as she and her children entered the Broward Meat and Fish Company store at 8040 W. McNab Rd. around 4:15 p.m.
Surveillance video released by investigators in August showed the unidentified man grabbing the victim’s necklace, punching her, and fleeing the store after a brief struggle with her around 4:15 p.m.
The video showed the attacker driving a light-colored Nissan into a nearby parking lot. He was seen parking the vehicle in the back of a shopping plaza and exiting the car wearing a light-colored hat, shirt, and dark-colored pants, according to BSO.
Through “investigative methods,” detectives tracked down the Nissan and learned that Fuller, the person of interest, had taken the car from a relative one day before the strong-armed robbery, BSO said in a written announcement Friday.
Fuller is the last known person to have driven the vehicle, which is why investigators want to speak with her, according to BSO.
Detectives said Fuller also goes by the name of Alexa Garter and is known to stay at different motels.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts, or the identity and location of the male attacker in the strong-armed robbery, is asked to call BSO Robbery Detective Robert Sokol at 954-321-5018 or to submit a tip through the SaferWatch App.
Anonymous tips can be made to Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477), online at browardcrimestoppers.org, or by dialing **TIPS (8477) from any cell phone in the United States.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds 2 Major Chanukah Events
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Lauderhill Toy Giveaway Aims to Spread Holiday Joy
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Lauderhill Hosts Dive-In Movie: ‘Jingle All the Way’
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Virtual Forum Simplifies Tax Mysteries for Residents and Businesses in Lauderhill