Oneal Ron Morris
Looking for a better body, Tamarac Resident Shatarka Nuby would pay a transvestite she knew as Dutchess up to hundreds of dollars to come to her house and inject her buttocks, hips, thighs and breasts with an unknown substance. Then Dutchess, sometimes wearing medical scrubs and a stethoscope, would seal the injection sites with super glue and cotton balls.
Nuby, a 32-year-old mom, died in March in Tallahassee from what an assistant medical examiner called “massive systemic silicone migration” as a consequence of cosmetic silicone injections.
After investigations from the Florida Department of Health and the Broward Sheriff’s Office, detectives arrested Hollywood resident Oneal Ron Morris, a.k.a. Dutchess, Thursday at his mother’s house in Coconut Creek. Morris faces one count of manslaughter.
Morris, 32, has been arrested multiple times for performing cosmetic procedures without a license in Miami-Dade and Broward counties. All of his victims had similar stories to Nuby, who wrote a letter to Department of Health investigators before she died. Some of the women developed complications and infections after the injections. Nuby was the only one whose symptoms became fatal. Investigators determined that Morris injected substances such as bathroom caulk, cement, Super Glue, Fix-A-Flat and mineral oil into the bodies of his victims. He once told Nuby’s aunt he was using silicone from Home Depot.
Nuby complained to friends and relatives that the injections sites became hard and hot and that her skin turned black. One victim was admitted to the hospital for emergency surgery a few days after an injection.
Morris turned himself in on March 12 to face charges including practicing medicine without a license and practicing medicine without a license resulting in serious injury. He was released the same day.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County