By Selene Raj
While cases of the Covid-19 pandemic are continuing in a downward trend, the impact it had on families remains.
Feeding South Florida is continuing its efforts to ease the burden through free food distributions to help families struggling financially or otherwise.
The next scheduled distribution is on Monday, September 28, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at Community Christian Church, 10001 W. Commercial Boulevard.
While there are not currently October dates announced in Tamarac, there are other distributions scheduled in nearby cities for families who can’t make it on September 28.
Deerfield Beach will host a distribution on Friday, October 2, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Quiet Waters Park, 401 Powerline Road, and North Lauderdale on Saturday, October 3 at 957 Rock Island Road from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
All distributions will be a drive-thru, and food will be given out as scheduled or so long as supplies last.
For more information, visit their website.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.12.06Social Club for 55-Plus Caribbean-Americans Launches with First Event
- News2021.11.23Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover