By: Sharon Aron Baron
Olympic Gold Medal boxer Howard Davis Jr. received recognition from Sheriff Scott Israel for donating an iPad to a 4 year-old boy after his was stolen just days ago.
Knowing he had to do something after he saw the incident on TV, Davis dropped off a new iPad after the saw Alejandro getting his snatched from his hands while watching TV. He told WSVN “To see his face light up when I handed it to him, it was amazing, so that said it all to me.”
Davis, is no longer fighting in the ring; he’s now fighting for his life as he was recently diagnosed with late-stage lung cancer. On August 15, 2015 he will be having his 1st Annual Fight against Cancer VIP Dinner Fundraiser at the Tower Club, Ft. Lauderdale for those that have chosen an alternative medical path to fight cancer.
To find out more about Howard Davis Jr. Please go to his foundation website.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton