By: Matt Rothman
Plasencia played for the Trojans as a junior and will be playing this year at TXNL Academy in Ocoee, Florida as a senior.
Plasencia appeared in six games, making four starts and winning three of them. He pitched to an ERA of 1.29 and had 36 strikeouts in 21.2 innings. The senior began his high school career playing for Elite Squad Baseball as a freshman. He then played for Highland Christian High School in tenth grade and then for JPT in 11th, where he had his best year.
After he graduates this spring, Plasencia will join a school that has made the NCAA tournament 33 times. They have 11 appearances in the College World Series, along with six trips to the final. The Gamecocks won the National Championship in both 2010 and 2011.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Trojans Triumph in Season Opener After Baseball Team Dominates South Broward High
- NewsJanuary 26, 2024J.P. Taravella Sports Recap: District Championship, Senior Night & More
- NewsJanuary 16, 2024J.P. Taravella Varsity Teams Navigate Challenges and Triumphs in 2024 Season
- NewsJanuary 4, 2024Brandon Meyers Wins Broward County Bowler of the Year: Conference Awards Announced