By: Sharon Aron Baron
The mother of all garden parties was given on Sunday by Broward County Commissioner and Vice Mayor Martin Kiar who seeks to become Broward County’s next Property Appraiser in 2016.
Held at the garden oasis of current Property Appraiser, Lori Parrish who endorsed him as her successor, her Davie backyard which is notorious for her orchids and many other plants was crammed with around 400 in attendance – and many of those were handing in donations for his campaign. Some in attendance were the movers and shakers in Broward politics and many more were hoping to hitch a ride on Kiar’s successful bandwagon.
Some of the notables in at the event: Sheriff Scott Israel and his wife Susan; Broward County Florida Representative Jim Waldman; Florida Representative Rick Stark; Broward County Mayor Tim Ryan; County Commissioners Mark Bogen and Dale Holness; Democratic Chair Mitch Ceasar; School Board Members Patricia Good, Robin Bartleman, and Nora Rupert; Pembroke Pines Mayor Frank Ortis; Parkland City Commissioners Dave Rosenoff and Christine Hunschofsky; Coral Springs City Commissioner Joy Carter; Tamarac City Commissioner Michelle Gomez; Sunrise City Commissioner Joey Scuotto; former State Senator Nan Rich; former Broward Country Commissioners Sue Gunzberger and Ilene Lieberman; and former School Board member Jennifer Gottlieb.
Kiar’s district as Broward County Commissioner encompasses parts of Davie, Weston, Sunrise, Plantation, Lauderhill, and Tamarac. So far no one else has jumped into the race.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.12.072022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament Held Dec. 9
- News2022.12.06Santa Makes a Special Appearance at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland Dec. 9
- News2022.12.04Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break
- News2022.12.01Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club