By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Jewish High Holidays are upon us, and to celebrate Winn-Dixie is hosting a ‘Taste of Rosh Hashanah’ on Sunday August 18 at their Tamarac location.
As part of the celebration, customers will enjoy a special tasting supervised by the ORB (Orthodox Rabbinic Board) featuring prepared meals from the deli including brisket, assorted kugels, apple streusel and more.
In addition to the sampling, Winn-Dixie will also welcome the Chabad of Tamarac’s “Shofar Factory” featuring Master Shofar Makers who will teach event attendees the significance of the Shofar, the ancient horn sounded as a call to action, and guide them through the step-by-step process of crafting a real, kosher, functioning horn.
This free event is on Sunday, Aug. 18, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. “The Shofar Factory” Workshop: begins at 2:30 p.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes