By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Jewish High Holidays are upon us, and to celebrate Winn-Dixie is hosting a ‘Taste of Rosh Hashanah’ on Sunday August 18 at their Tamarac location.
As part of the celebration, customers will enjoy a special tasting supervised by the ORB (Orthodox Rabbinic Board) featuring prepared meals from the deli including brisket, assorted kugels, apple streusel and more.
In addition to the sampling, Winn-Dixie will also welcome the Chabad of Tamarac’s “Shofar Factory” featuring Master Shofar Makers who will teach event attendees the significance of the Shofar, the ancient horn sounded as a call to action, and guide them through the step-by-step process of crafting a real, kosher, functioning horn.
This free event is on Sunday, Aug. 18, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. “The Shofar Factory” Workshop: begins at 2:30 p.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.08.21Tamarac’s Michael Cernech Makes Announcement Regarding Delray Beach City Manager Position
- News2019.08.20Delray Beach Picks Tamarac City Manager for Top Position
- News2019.08.20Petco Donates $250,000 to Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Programs
- Events2019.08.19Register Now for the Next City-Wide Garage Sale in Tamarac