By Jill Fox
There’s a great opportunity for interested girls to experience first-hand what Girl Scouts is about at a safe, outdoor, family-friendly activity.
The Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida (GSSEF) are looking for new members to get active in their Girl Scout community, which builds courage, confidence, and character through fun and exciting programs and events.
“Coming Together with Girl Scouts” is a free, fun-filled event on Sunday, September 5, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at West Lake Park, in the East Shelter. Activities include kayaking, tie-dye, crafts, and fun treats from Kona Ice for girls in K-12th grade.
Offering exciting skill-building, life-changing, leader-inspiring activities, the Girl Scouts provides a virtual and in-person, safe, and socially distanced program. GSSEF serves nearly 10,000 girls in Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, and Okeechobee Counties. Already a Girl Scout? Bring a friend and share the experience.
To explore opportunities to volunteer or partner, call 561-427-0177 or visit gssef.org.
West Lake Park is located at 1200 Sheridan Street in Hollywood.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.09.09Hunt For Clues And Win Prizes With ‘Flavors of Tamarac’
- News2021.09.02City of Tamarac Commemorates September 11 With ‘Honk For A Hero’
- News2021.08.30Find out How to Join a Girl Scout Troop At Free Event Sept. 5
- News2021.08.30Boost Immunity from the Inside Out at NutriFlo Medspa and IV Lounge