By: Sharon Aron Baron
Publix security cameras captured two men using fraudulent credit cards to make over $3,500 in purchases and the Broward Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for help in identifying them.
On November 14, the victim, who lives in Texas, received a call from her credit card company notifying her that someone used her card without her consent at several grocery stores in Broward.
The thieves made two charges at a Lauderhill Publix totaling $1079.53, one charge at a Publix in Margate for $631.75, two charges at a North Lauderdale Publix totaling $1070.77, one charge for $420.24 at an Oakland Park Publix and one charge for $339.50 at a Publix in Tamarac.
The first suspect is a bald, heavyset male with a dark complexion and a faint goatee. He wore a black V-neck shirt with a white undershirt and black pants.
The second suspect is a male with a medium build, a dark complexion and a goatee. He wore a black T-shirt, army fatigue shorts, a brown cap and sunglasses.
Anyone with information can contact BSO Det. Natasha Duran at 954-720-2250 ext 217.
If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting