Photo by Adambaronphoto.com
I’ve had enough of this.
For over eight months, this “opening soon” sign for Krispy Kreme has been teasing me. I see it each time I drive home after shopping at the nearby Publix. The building is almost laughing at me saying, “No donuts for you today, fatty!”
A few months ago, there was hope that it would finally open. There was construction on the roof and a dumpster out front. I knew it wouldn’t be much longer until I had one of those warm, glazed, delicious doughnuts.
Maybe two or three.
However, once more I was disappointed when the construction stopped and the building seemed abandoned.
I had to get to the bottom of this on behalf of fellow donut lovers and the citizens of Tamarac so I contacted Krispy Kreme South Florida headquarters and yelled
inquired as to why it was taking so long. I promptly heard back from James Cosentino, Owner of Krispy Kreme South Florida.
Dear Ms Baron,
Thank you for inquiring about our new store location on Commercial Blvd and the Turnpike in Tamarac. We are excited to share with you that we should receive our building permit from the City of Tamarac to start construction within 2 weeks. We hope to open this store by the beginning of October 2012, if everything goes as planned.
We look forward to seeing you at our Grand Opening!! Thanks again.
Sincerely,James Cosentino Krispy Kreme of South Florida, LLC
Unfortunately, I will have to wait three to four more months for the grand opening. If you’re there, be sure to look for me.
I’ll be at the front of the line.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat