Berns, who is considered the backbone of the Kiwanis, was a founding President of the reorganized organization back in 2007. The party was kept secret from Berns, until his wife Melissa took him to the location under the pretense of needing to pick up something that evening.
Berns, who was recently hired to become Southwest Ranches new Town administrator said that things were off to a great start. “People have been very warm and welcoming. I have so much information coming at me from so many different places, it’s hard to keep it all straight. While it has been extremely time intensive, I am enjoying the experience greatly. I have a clear vision of the tasks ahead, and I’m looking forward to implementing the things that need to be done.
Berns started at the City of Tamarac in Public Information until he became the Community and Economic Affairs Officer where he was responsible for recruiting and attracting businesses to Tamarac. A longtime south Florida resident, Berns said, “As involved as I now am in Southwest Ranches, I still live in this area, so you never know where I might pop up.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.06.03Curfew Lifted in Tamarac and the Rest of Broward County
- News2020.06.02FBI Seeking Information on Individuals Inciting Violence During Protected Peaceful Demonstrations
- News2020.06.01Rollover Crash in Tamarac Leaves Two Dead
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28