By Sharon Aron Baron
After the holiday season comes to a close, it’s essential to know how to properly dispose of your Christmas tree in an environmentally friendly way.
First, the City of Tamarac’s Public Services Department is accepting live Christmas trees during regular business hours at the Public Services Complex, at 6011 Nob Hill Road, until Friday, January 20. The Christmas trees must be free from decorations, and the mulch will be re-purposed for city landscaping projects.
One option is to have your tree collected curbside during the first two weeks of January. However, before placing your tree out for pickup, it’s important to ensure that you have removed all non-organic materials, such as lights, wire, tinsel, ornaments, nails, and stands.
Flocked trees are usually accepted, but artificial trees are not. If your tree is larger than the standard 6-7 foot size, you may need to cut it in half to make it acceptable for pickup.
Once your tree has been collected, it will typically be chipped and turned into mulch, often made available to county residents for free. It’s important to note that you should never burn your Christmas tree in a fireplace or wood stove, as doing so could contribute to creosote buildup and increase the risk of a chimney fire.
The third option is to take it to a Broward County park for recycling through Monday, January 16, 2023.
- Brian Piccolo Sports Park & Velodrome, 9501 Sheridan St., Cooper City 33024; 954-357-5150
- C.B. Smith Park, 900 N Flamingo Rd., Pembroke Pines 33028; 954-357-5170
- Easterlin Park, 1000 NW 38th St., Oakland Park 33309; 954-357-5190
- Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Rd. South, Coconut Creek 33063; 954-357-5198
- Markham Park & Target Range, 16001 W State Rd. 84, Sunrise 33326; 954-357-8868
- Rev. Samuel Delevoe Park, 2520 NW Sixth St., Fort Lauderdale 33311; 954-357-8801
- Snake Warrior’s Island Natural Area, 3600 SW 62nd Ave., Miramar 33023; 954-357-8776
- Tradewinds Park & Stables, 3600 W Sample Rd., Coconut Creek 33073; 954-357-8870
- Tree Tops Park, 3900 SW 100th Ave., Davie 33328; 954-357-5130
- T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park, 3300 N Park Rd., Hollywood 33021; 954-357-8811
- Vista View Park, 4001 SW 142nd Ave., Davie 33330; 954-357-8898
- West Lake Park, 1200 Sheridan St., Hollywood 33019; 954-357-5160
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes