By: Jen Russon
A rain or shine fundraiser hosted by J.P. Taravella’s drama club is back, returning to the westside parking lot of the high school on February 26.
Lori Sessions, theatre teacher, said her drama club is looking forward to holding the event since the last one was such a success in August, making stellar musicals like Xanadu possible.
“Help us raise money to pay for our productions. You can purchase a space and sell your items or come and shop,” said Sessions.
She encouraged donations of gently used items, as the drama department can sell them at the event.
Just as it’s been in previous years, Taravella drama students are advertising their ‘huge garage sale’ as a great way to clean out clutter and turn a profit while you’re at it. All vendors get to keep 100 percent of their profits.
Artists are also more than welcome to rent a space, especially if crafting was a pastime during the two-year pandemic.
If purchased in advance of the event, non-refundable spaces cost $20 each and can be secured online via Paypal. Interested sellers may also visit Taravella’s main parking lot on February 12 and 26.
Renting a space is $25, cash only, on the day of the garage sale. Admission is free and open to the public.
The event is set for Saturday, February 26, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. J.P. Taravella is located at 10600 Riverside Drive.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Jen Russon is a freelance writer and English Language Arts teacher. She has published two novels to Amazon Kindle and lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2022.04.12Taravella Drama Club Presents JPT’s Got Talent on April 22
- News2022.02.11‘Huge Garage Sale’ Hosted by J.P. Taravella’s Drama Club Returns on February 26
- News2022.01.07Broward Interim Superintendent Cartwright Answers Pressing Questions at Meet and Chat Event
- News2021.12.07Tamarac to Give Tribute to Late Veterinarian at Dog Park