By Agrippina Fadel
Could Favien be your Valentine this year? Adopting a dog is a serious commitment, but if you are considering it, the four-year-old American Staffordshire Terrier could give you lots of love and slobbery kisses this Valentine’s Day.
The staff at the Broward County Animal Care cannot believe Favien is still looking for his forever family. Friendly and fun-loving, this gorgeous pup is a perfect companion, yet he has been at the center for seven months. Favien is smart and knows his commands; he sits and gives paw for treats. He enjoys attention, likes being petted, and is very social with people.
Favien behaves well on walks and in public places. He loves sniffing around and rolling in the grass when volunteers take him to the park. Curious but reserved, the pup is not reactive and doesn’t bark at the ducks and other birds.
He loves car rides and enjoys his outings with Lunch Buddy volunteers. He was very observant and calm on a recent date and behaved exceptionally well at the restaurant.
The Lunch Buddies program is open to all Broward residents over 18. High school students can participate with parents’ or guardians’ permission. The dogs can be taken out for a day, overnight, or a weekend. The paperwork is minimal, and the shelter provides the food, toys, and leash for the dog.
To adopt Favien (A2146037), foster, or take a dog out for lunch, email the shelter at email@example.com. To schedule a meet-and-greet appointment and learn more about the adoptable pets, email ACADadoptions@broward.org.
The Adoption Center at Broward County Animal Care is located at 2400 SW 42 Street, Fort Lauderdale, and is open Tuesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Adoptions are at no cost and include spaying/neutering, vaccinations, a microchip, and a Broward County pet license tag.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2022.09.20Chabad Jewish Center Invites Residents to Celebrate Rosh Hashanah Sept 25
- News2022.09.20J.P. Taravella’s Drama Club Hosts “Huge Community Yard Sale”
- News2022.09.20Register for the Kings Point Business Expo September 23
- News2022.09.20Disparaging Remarks and Accusations of Commissioners on their Cellphones at Marathon Meeting