By: Matt Rothman
Both the J.P. Taravella boys and girls basketball teams picked up their fourth win of the season on Thursday.
The boys won 81-40 over Plantation High School behind a fantastic performance from Jordan Pratt. The junior had 26 points to lead the team, while Fernando Garrido added 22.
The Trojans had two other players finish in double figures in Arturo Meeks and Greyson Thomas with 14 and 11, respectively. Brayden Samuel finished with eight as the Trojans have defeated Hollywood Hills, Coral Springs Charter, Hallandale, and Plantation this season.
The girls’ team also picked up their fourth win in their 12th game as JPT tied a season-high with 58 points. They previously scored 58 against Hallandale. and have beaten Pompano and Strahan High School after winning only four games in the past three seasons.
Next, the boy’s team will return to the court on Monday, January 10 at 7:30 against Western, while the girls will be playing Coconut Creek on Wednesday, January 12 at 6 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school.
- News2022.01.25J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.21J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Hosts Senior Night on Thursday
- News2022.01.21Seniors Lead J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer into the Playoffs
- News2022.01.14J.P. Taravella’s Boys and Girls Soccer Teams Earn Commanding Wins