By Matt Rothman
It was a tough 2020 season for the J.P. Taravella’s High School football team, but the Trojans are ready for a new year under Head Coach Charles Hafley Jr.
JPT picked up their lone win in their final game of the season against Cypress Bay High School. However, this year, JPT has a very talented group in a new division despite losing 23 seniors to graduation last year.
The Trojans begin their season on the road at Stranahan High School on Friday, August 27, at 7 p.m. Following that, they will head home for four straight games against Pembroke Pines Charter, Nova, Flanagan, and Piper High School in September.
On October 1, the Trojans will play in the annual Jason Stein Bowl against Coral Glades. JPT fell 21-12 in the first game back in 2020. They finish the season with a pair of home games against West Broward and Western before playing Cypress Bay and Coral Springs High School on the road to close out the regular season.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.17J.P. Taravella Track and Field Wins 4 Events in Walter Dix Relays
- News2023.03.11J.P. Taravella Baseball Wins 5th Straight Game Friday Night
- News2023.02.25J.P. Taravella Softball Kicks-Off 2023 Season with a Win
- News2023.01.31J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Advances to District Championship Game