By Matt Rothman
It was a tough 2020 season for the J.P. Taravella’s High School football team, but the Trojans are ready for a new year under Head Coach Charles Hafley Jr.
JPT picked up their lone win in their final game of the season against Cypress Bay High School. However, this year, JPT has a very talented group in a new division despite losing 23 seniors to graduation last year.
The Trojans begin their season on the road at Stranahan High School on Friday, August 27, at 7 p.m. Following that, they will head home for four straight games against Pembroke Pines Charter, Nova, Flanagan, and Piper High School in September.
On October 1, the Trojans will play in the annual Jason Stein Bowl against Coral Glades. JPT fell 21-12 in the first game back in 2020. They finish the season with a pair of home games against West Broward and Western before playing Cypress Bay and Coral Springs High School on the road to close out the regular season.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school.
- News2022.11.15Sergio Mosquera Wins 1st Game as J.P. Taravella High School Boys Soccer Head Coach
- News2022.11.01Millennium Middle School Golf Competes in MSAA Championship
- News2022.10.18J.P. Taravella Boys Swimming Places Fourth in BCAA Championship
- News2022.10.18J.P. Taravella Athletics Recognize Seniors Before 2 Matches