By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella girls soccer team had an incredible week and recorded 14 goals in their two games.
The Trojans now have scored 50 goals through their first ten games and are coming off wins against Deerfield Beach 4-0 and Miramar High School 10-1. This is the second time this season that JPT has scored at least ten goals and sit five back of their total in 2019 through their first ten games.
Offensively, Kaydine Celeste scored two goals in their win over Deerfield Beach. Natalie Pisana and Lili Merisier each had one, while Danielle Tigner was all over the field. Then, against Miramar, Layla Johnson scored four while Merisier added two more. Celeste, Adamarie Cruz, Kianna Guzman and Savana Hurlbert tallied one.
“It was total domination from start to finish,” said Head Coach Alex Palmaz. ‘I am very proud of this team.”
JPT was scheduled to play one more game before the holiday break against Boyd Anderson High School on Friday, December 17, but that game was canceled. They will not retake the field until January 4 for a District Game at home against Coral Springs High School on January 4 at 7 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school.
- News2022.01.25J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.21J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Hosts Senior Night on Thursday
- News2022.01.21Seniors Lead J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer into the Playoffs
- News2022.01.14J.P. Taravella’s Boys and Girls Soccer Teams Earn Commanding Wins