By: Sharon Aron Baron
JP Taravella Academy of Finance hosted their annual Mock Interview Day on Thursday where twenty business partners, many of whom are members of the Coral Springs Chamber of Commerce, participated in the important event.
The Chamber interviewed the Academy of Finance (AOF) juniors in a rotation, so that each student had at least two, sometimes three job interviews.
According to AOF Lead Teacher Laurie Acosta, “The business partners were very impressed with how well-prepared, well-dressed and well-spoken our teens were. With resumes in hand, they were ready to present themselves and represent JPT.”
Academy of Finance juniors must complete a 150-hour paid summer internship in order to complete this honors program which is designed to prepare students for college and careers. Many of these students are QuickBooks certified, have Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), have learned customer service skills, and are ready and eager to work.
Acosta said that while several students have been offered internships, several are still looking. If you are a business in Tamarac, please contact email@example.com if you are interested in hiring a highly qualified Academy of Finance teen this summer.
JP Taravella Academy of Finance is a NAF Distinguished Academy. The National Academy Foundation (NAF) is an acclaimed network of career-themed academies that open doors for underserved high school students to viable careers. For more than 30 years, NAF has refined a proven model that provides young people access to industry-specific curricula, work-based learning experiences, and relationships with business professionals.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup