Are you as confused about the new Recyclebank program as I am?
The City of Tamarac launched it in September, and I’m still trying to figure out if this is worthwhile, as I’m not into coupons or gift cards. Once you login, you’ll notice that you may already have points that you can redeem. Everyone receives points for recycling every week and can earn more just by spending time on the website clicking on different things. Accumulated points can be redeemed for magazine subscriptions and gift cards to places such as Steak’n Shake, Applebees and Walmart as well as many other discounts offered.
If you would like to learn more about Recyclebank, then join them on November 15, where Recyclebank and Waste Management will host a Fair for “America Recycles Day.”
Join Tamarac Vice Mayor Diane Glasser and Commissioner Pamela Bushnell who will officially launch the rewards-for-recycling program.
Tamarac and Waste Management first debuted Recyclebank to single-family homes and now our city becomes the first in the nation to offer Recyclebank to residents living in both single family homes and multifamily communities, such as Kings Point and apartment buildings.
Residents will be able to experience interactive educational materials that demonstrate the different types of recyclables, and how to recycle right in Broward County.
Hopefully, I’ll have a better understanding on how it will benefit me without having to spend valuable time clicking for points.Thursday, November 15 10:00 am Kings Point Clubhouse Parking Lot 7620 Nob Hill Road Tamarac, FL 33321
Watch the Video about Recyclebank
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony
- News2020.05.28BSO Investigates Multi-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2020.05.27COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 27
- News2020.05.26Burglary and Battery in the Forefront in May 15 Crime Update for Tamarac