By Agrippina Fadel
Voices of Classic Soul band is a unique example of what happens when lead singers of four of the legendary vocal soul groups get together to perform their biggest hits.
This weekend, Joe Coleman of The Platters, Joe Blunt of The Drifters, and Theo Peoples, who sang with both The Temptations and The Four Tops, are bringing their classic show to the Kings Point Palace.
Held on Saturday, March 11, at 8 p.m., the show is $20 for residents and $25 for guests, with tickets available at the venue’s box office before the event and on the night of the concert.
Coleman, Blunt, and Peoples grew up singing together in church and on street corners throughout the 1960s before finding fame and fortune separately, then reuniting after 30 years to harmonize together once again.
At the Tamarac show, the band will perform their biggest hits of all time, including “My Girl,” “The Way You Do The Things You Do,” “Get Ready,” “The Great Pretender,” “Only You,” “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes,” “Under The Boardwalk,” “On Broadway,” and “Save The Last Dance For Me.”
The Palace at Kings Point is located at 7622 NW 76th St. in Tamarac.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.03.28Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Prepares for Annual Passover Seder
- News2023.03.28Tamarac Holds Springfest and Egg Hunt
- News2023.03.28Ticket Alert: Letraia Savage brings her Divas of Soul Show to Kings Point Palace
- News2023.03.27Local Poet Rebecca Vaughns Hosts Tamarac’s First Annual Spoken Word Competition