By Kevin Maher
“Lightyear,” the 2022 spin-off of the “Toy Story” film series, is The City of Tamarac’s movie in the park for March.
The computer-animated action-adventure film is based on the human version of Buzz Lightyear, a fictional character in the same universe as the Toy Story series. Buzz Lightyear is a space ranger that investigates signs of life on an unknown planet throughout the film.
Directed by Angus MacLane, “Lightyear” stars Chris Evans, Keke Palmer, Peter Sohn, and Take Waititi.
The showing is held on Friday, March 10, at 8 p.m. at the Tamarac Sports Complex at 9901 NW 77 St. Kids activities like face painting and inflatable rides begin at 6:30 p.m.
Music and food from onsite food trucks are also available, and a free bag of popcorn will be supplied. The City of Tamarac asks that residents bring their own blankets and chairs.
For more information call 954-597-3620 or click here.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- NewsApril 25, 2023City of Lauderhill Hosts Monthly Food Truck Roll
- NewsMarch 7, 2023“Lightyear” is Tamarac’s Free Movie in the Park for March
- NewsOctober 25, 2022Only One Week Left to Play Tamarac’s Restaurant Bingo and Win a $250 Gift Card
- NewsOctober 18, 2022Win Prizes Playing Restaurant Bingo in the City of Tamarac