By: Sharon Aron Baron
At Doris Market and Bakery in Coral Springs, shoppers routinely forget their canes or other random items but when a ring belonging to a US Marine was found on Tuesday, one of the owners put out an alert to try to find the owner.
When Produce Department employee Jimmy Krzepek found the US Marine ring, he immediately turned it over to management.
“I looked at it and immediately assumed it meant something to someone,” said one of the owners Gary Mulé. “Monetarily it may not be worth a lot, but sentimentally, it’s priceless.”
After posting on their Facebook page and getting over 3,000 shares, Mulé said the owner has still not come forward. They are hoping with more publicity, maybe even a relative will see this article and contact the store.
The ring is gold, says United States Marine Corp 1945, and says Iwo Jima on it. It also has a large red stone in the middle. Unfortunately, there is no inscription inside. More than likely the owner is elderly, in their 80’s, and doesn’t read Facebook, or perhaps not even the internet. They could be a resident of Tamarac or Margate as well as Coral Springs. If you know anyone that has served our country, and shops at Doris Market, please ask them if they have lost their ring and contact 954-346-7774.
“We already had crazy calls with people trying to claim the ring,” said Mulé.”I have a funny feeling when the right person comes forward we’ll know.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County