By: Sharon Aron Baron
Time to throw out old documents and any old medications because the Broward Sheriff’s Office will hold a Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet prescription drug “take back” event this Saturday at King’s Point in Tamarac from 10 am – 1 pm.
Drive up in your car and your items will be safely destroyed. You can even bring your old computer hard drive and watch as they have a machine specially designed to destroy these as well.
The prescription drug take back program, operating under the name Operation Medicine Cabinet, allows participants to turn in unused or expired prescription medication to receive a $5 gift card (while supplies last, limit one per family).
Hopefully, Sheriff Scott Israel will be making an appearance as well, so get there early as this is one of the most popular Shred-A-Thon’s in the county!
10 a.m. – 1 pm, Saturday, March 8, 2014
King’s Point Clubhouse
7620 N. Nob Hill Rd., Tamarac
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Pedestrian Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Tamarac