By: Sharon Aron Baron
Time to throw out old documents and any old medications because the Broward Sheriff’s Office will hold a Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet prescription drug “take back” event this Saturday at King’s Point in Tamarac from 10 am – 1 pm.
Drive up in your car and your items will be safely destroyed. You can even bring your old computer hard drive and watch as they have a machine specially designed to destroy these as well.
The prescription drug take back program, operating under the name Operation Medicine Cabinet, allows participants to turn in unused or expired prescription medication to receive a $5 gift card (while supplies last, limit one per family).
Hopefully, Sheriff Scott Israel will be making an appearance as well, so get there early as this is one of the most popular Shred-A-Thon’s in the county!
10 a.m. – 1 pm, Saturday, March 8, 2014
King’s Point Clubhouse
7620 N. Nob Hill Rd., Tamarac
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.03.29Florida Department of Health Releases COVID-19 Cases by City as of March 29
- News2020.03.28Tamarac Schools Gear Up To Go Online after Computer Device Distribution
- News2020.03.28Florida Department of Health Releases COVID-19 Cases by City as of March 28
- News2020.03.27Tamarac Restaurants Offering Curbside and Delivery to Feed Hungry Residents