By: Sharon Aron Baron
Want to make America great again? Start right here in Tamarac, Florida. Of course, if you run a campaign like Donald Trump, you don’t have to provide any specifics on how you’re going to achieve this. You can even propose building a wall to keep people from nearby Coral Springs from crowding up our roadways, because in this bizarre election year, no one would even blink an eye.
If being a public servant interests you, and you have experience in government – or at least in making good financial decisions, then you may want to consider throwing your hat in the ring if you live in either District 1 or District 3.
The best part of being a city commissioner is that it’s a lucrative part-time job with an annual salary of $31,000 plus a monthly $700 car allowance along with a host of other benefits. On top of that, VIP parking spaces will be cordoned off and special tents will be provided for you to mingle with one another at events. The hell with the common people!
Elected in 2008 to District 1, this will be Pam Bushnell’s third term unless someone with strong supporters on the eastern part of the city jumps into the race. In 2008, Bushnell won with 67 percent, and in 2012 she was elected unopposed.
Diane Glasser, has been representing District 3 which is primarily Kings Point since 2008 when she was elected unopposed, and again in 2012. She will not be running in November, and so far there are two serious contenders for Glasser’s seat: Terri Andretta and Julie Fishman.
If you would like to run for a city commission position November 8, and you live in either District 1 or 3, then here’s how you qualify.
- Be a resident of Broward County
- Live in that district in which you are running check your district here
- Open a campaign checking account prior to qualifying
Visit the City of Tamarac between Monday June 20 and noon on Friday June 24 where you will pay filing fees totaling $329.07 from your campaign checking account which represents a $10 fee to the City and 1 percent of the $31,907 salary to the state.
Good luck and Make Tamarac Great!
This website does not endorse Donald Trump.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale