By Sharon Aron Baron
A woman set on fire by her boyfriend died from her injuries, and now the suspect will face first-degree murder charges.
On November 2, the Broward Sheriff’s Office responded to a suspicious incident at the 4300 block of NW 54th Street in N Lauderdale, where Aniuska Reguisero-Garces, 34, stated she was intentionally set on fire by her boyfriend.
Detectives identified the man as Noe Jimenez-Cortes, 40, who fled the scene before deputies’ arrival and was arrested later in the day.
The female was transported to a hospital for her injuries; however, she died on Dec. 29, and her death has been ruled a homicide.
The investigation revealed that Jimenez-Cortes poured an accelerant on the victim’s body and lit her on fire. He was originally charged with attempted murder. With the death of Reguisero-Garces, the charge has been upgraded to murder. Jimenez-Cortes also faces a charge of arson.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.01.19Mayor Gomez Reselected to National League of Cities Fed Advocacy Committee
- News2022.01.14Man Loses 83 Pounds After Bariatric Surgery
- News2022.01.05Pets of the Week: Prince, Mia and Nami Are Looking for Forever Homes
- News2022.01.03Tamarac Offering Environmentally-Friendly Christmas Tree Disposal