By Kevin Deutsch
A 50-year-old Tamarac man was killed Thursday when his sedan crashed into a median on the Sawgrass Expressway in Coral Springs, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The man, whose name was not made public, was driving south on the expressway, south of Coral Ridge Drive, at 1:13 a.m. when he “veered left and traveled off the roadway onto the grass median,” according to an FHP press release.
For reasons that are still unclear to investigators, the car “traveled southeast on the grass median and collided with the guardrail into the median,” then “redirected and traveled in a southwesterly direction before coming to a final rest where the roadway edge met the grass edge, facing southwest,” according to the release.
The driver was rushed from the crash scene to Broward Health Coral Springs, where doctors pronounced him dead, according to FHP.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsFebruary 17, 2024Bolton Says He Won’t Accept Benefits From Tamarac’s Shaker Village Deal
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Detectives Arrest Suspect in Fire That Killed Tamarac Woman
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Tamarac Rejects Land Sale to Developer for Village Project
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024BSO Makes 17 Arrests After String of Tamarac Car Thefts