By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man was robbed at gunpoint on Friday at a bank in Tamarac, and robbery detectives with the Broward Sheriff’s Office need help identifying the suspects.
On May 3, at approximately 12:26 a.m. a 57-year-old man was using the walk-up ATM at Bank of America at 5900 Rock Island Road when he was confronted by two males. While the robbers demanded the man turn over everything he had, one of the males flashed a firearm at the victim. The suspect with the gun stood near the victim until he completed his transaction. Taken in the armed robbery was the victim’s cash, older model LG cellphone and wallet.
Tamarac deputies responded to the scene, set up a perimeter and conducted a search for the suspects by foot and air to no avail.
The suspect with the gun is described as having a slim build. He wore a black hoodie, frayed jean shorts and black shoes. The other suspect had on a black hoodie, jeans and a white mask.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact BSO Robbery Detective Mark Copley at 954-321-4738 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family