By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man was robbed at gunpoint on Friday at a bank in Tamarac, and robbery detectives with the Broward Sheriff’s Office need help identifying the suspects.
On May 3, at approximately 12:26 a.m. a 57-year-old man was using the walk-up ATM at Bank of America at 5900 Rock Island Road when he was confronted by two males. While the robbers demanded the man turn over everything he had, one of the males flashed a firearm at the victim. The suspect with the gun stood near the victim until he completed his transaction. Taken in the armed robbery was the victim’s cash, older model LG cellphone and wallet.
Tamarac deputies responded to the scene, set up a perimeter and conducted a search for the suspects by foot and air to no avail.
The suspect with the gun is described as having a slim build. He wore a black hoodie, frayed jean shorts and black shoes. The other suspect had on a black hoodie, jeans and a white mask.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact BSO Robbery Detective Mark Copley at 954-321-4738 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony
- News2020.05.28BSO Investigates Multi-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2020.05.27COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 27
- News2020.05.26Burglary and Battery in the Forefront in May 15 Crime Update for Tamarac