By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Miami Dolphins hosted the J.P. Taravella High School football team at training camp practice where they could learn tips from the veterans and the rookies.
On Sunday, the team from Coral Springs, was given a tour of the Baptist Health Training Facility at Nova Southeastern University and heard from Miami Dolphins Youth Programs Ambassador and Dolphins alum Twan Russell about working as a team to achieve their goals.
The J.P. Taravella football team also had the opportunity to watch the Dolphins practice and meet with current players on the field.
J.P. Taravella High School Head Football Coach Charles Hafley said that it was a great experience for the team to be able to go through the facility, including the meeting room, the weight room and the offices, and be on the field in front of the greatest athletes in America, as well as having the opportunity to see them first-hand.
“It was a good experience seeing how hard the players work and see all the different techniques they use,” said J.P. Taravella High School senior offensive and defensive lineman Keevon Clay. “It was good to help us learn for our own game,”
Following practice, the athletes had lunch provided by Publix.
As part of the Miami Dolphins’ commitment to the development of high school and youth football, the team will host 27 high school and youth teams from Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties at the team’s training camp practices.
The team visits, initiated by Dolphins Head Coach Adam Gase, are a targeted effort to recognize, inspire and increase football participation through personal connections centered on the positive character building aspects of playing the game.
The Junior Dolphins program encourages youth players and coaches to teach, learn and play football in a fun and safe environment. It’s also designed to give kids access to learn the fundamentals of football using the NFL’s top resources.
To grow the game, the Junior Dolphins program will work to educate coaches, parents and youth on the health and safety of football with a strong emphasis on character development.
JP Taravella High School is a Broward County Public School and serves residents in Coral Springs and Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family