By: Sharon Aron Baron
Injuries sustained in a three car crash in Tamarac caused a woman to undergo an emergency c-section on Sunday.
Renee Nelson, 28, who was 39 weeks pregnant, was riding as a passenger in a Toyota Corolla driven by Carlos Santiago when Joseph Nathaniel Graham, 23, of Oakland Park hit them and a Dodge Charger that was driven by Ashley Wilson. Their vehicles were stopped at the red light on NW 58th Street and North University Drive.
According to the report, Nelson sustained life-threatening injuries, including head trauma, and was transported to Broward Health Medical Center where she underwent an emergency C-Section. Both the mother and her son are listed in critical condition a BSO spokesperson said on Monday.
Santiago and Wilson were taken to Broward Health as well as the passenger in Graham’s vehicle.
The investigation said that contact with Graham revealed the odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath and glassy, bloodshot eyes. A toxicology report revealed the presence of alcohol. He was charged with 18 counts that included DUI and reckless driving.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.05.13Fallen Soldiers Honored at Tamarac’s Memorial Day Ceremony
- News2021.05.12Commission Votes Against $50,000 Leaked Memo Investigation, Hires New City Attorney
- News2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Tamarac, Sunrise, and Coral Springs
- News2021.05.11Bolton Blames Mayor, City Manager, After His Spending Items Are Leaked to Press