By: Sharon Aron Baron
Injuries sustained in a three car crash in Tamarac caused a woman to undergo an emergency c-section on Sunday.
Renee Nelson, 28, who was 39 weeks pregnant, was riding as a passenger in a Toyota Corolla driven by Carlos Santiago when Joseph Nathaniel Graham, 23, of Oakland Park hit them and a Dodge Charger that was driven by Ashley Wilson. Their vehicles were stopped at the red light on NW 58th Street and North University Drive.
According to the report, Nelson sustained life-threatening injuries, including head trauma, and was transported to Broward Health Medical Center where she underwent an emergency C-Section. Both the mother and her son are listed in critical condition a BSO spokesperson said on Monday.
Santiago and Wilson were taken to Broward Health as well as the passenger in Graham’s vehicle.
The investigation said that contact with Graham revealed the odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath and glassy, bloodshot eyes. A toxicology report revealed the presence of alcohol. He was charged with 18 counts that included DUI and reckless driving.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County