By Kevin Deutsch
New data compiled by the Florida Department of Health show the percentage of Broward residents 12 and over who received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine as of June 22.
Tamarac’s zip codes (shared with other cities) recorded the following numbers: In 33068, 44 percent of the area’s 49,824 residents are at least partially vaccinated; In 33309 (population 33,705), the total is 65 percent; In 33319 (population 44,420), the total is 51 percent; In 33321 (population 44,327), the total is 65 percent; In 33351 (population 32,890), the total is 67 percent.
Overall, 64 percent of Broward residents 12 and over have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine as of June 22, the data show. As of Friday, Broward had recorded at least 248,830 cases of COVID-19 and at least 3,079 deaths.
Statewide, about 52 percent of Florida’s 11.3 million residents have received at least one dose of vaccine as of June 22, state data show.
According to the White House, nationally, 66 percent of all American adults have gotten at least one shot as of June 24.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Lauderhill Toy Giveaway Aims to Spread Holiday Joy
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Lauderhill Hosts Dive-In Movie: ‘Jingle All the Way’
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Virtual Forum Simplifies Tax Mysteries for Residents and Businesses in Lauderhill
- NewsNovember 26, 2023Free Jazz Event Heads to Lauderhill