By Sherry Nabbie-Singh
After the year-long hiatus due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the city of Tamarac announced the return of the highly anticipated Annual All-American event to celebrate Independence Day — but with some changes.
Traditionally called “The July 4th All-American Celebration,” Vice Mayor Elvin Villalobos confirmed the city removed the date from the title to avoid any confusion.
Due to the firework companies’ inability to supply operating technicians on July 4, the event takes place on July 2 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Sports Complex.
These changes are only for one year, and future events will return to normal.
On July 2, there will be a deejay and food trucks available from 6:30 p.m. In addition, the children’s area for lawn games, face painting, activities, and arts and crafts will be active from 7 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.
Uncle Sam and Betsy Ross will also be available for family photos.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket to get the best seat and enjoy the concert, which takes place from 7 p.m. to 8:50 p.m. and will feature the Valerie Tyson Band led by vocalist Valerie Tyson — regarded as Florida’s “Queen of Soul” performing with Gloria Estefan and has opened shows for Janet Jackson, Al Green, New Edition.
The band comprises nine talented members who will entertain Tamarac residents with today’s popular music, jazz, classic rock, blues, and reggae.
Independence Day fireworks begin promptly at 9 p.m.
With limited on-site parking, shuttle buses will continuously transport guests between 6:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. and after the fireworks, to and from the Community Center at 8601 W. Commercial Blvd or City Hall at 7525 NW 88th Ave to the Sports Complex, at 9901 NW 77th Street.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A self-published author and professional makeup artist who has resided in Tamarac since 2011. Originally from Trinidad, Sherry graduated from the University of the West Indies with a bachelor of arts in literature in English.
- News2022.05.11Get Roped Into Attending Tamarac’s Bicycle Safety Rodeo
- News2021.08.02Atten-hut! Enroll Now in the J.P. Taravella Marching Band Camp
- News2021.07.28Supervisor of Elections Site is Redesigned in Time for Congressional Special Elections
- News2021.07.22Get Ready to ‘Move with the Mayor’ on August 7