By Agrippina Fadel
A new coffee shop is coming to Tamarac, offering drive-through and walk-up service.
Cali Coffee, a growing local franchise with stores in Cooper City, Hollywood, and Pembroke Pines, got the city’s approval for the site plan for the new one-story 1,500 square feet building at 7775 W McNab Road in the former retention area of the nearby Winn-Dixie Plaza.
At the Dec. 14 commission meeting, city leaders also approved a special exception and variances for the business, allowing it to operate in the Mixed-Used Corridor zoning district.
Christina Bilenki, an attorney representing Cali Coffee, said the company was founded in 2018 by Craig Avera and Rose White. The two met while working in the fitness industry in Los Angeles, CA.
“They decided to move from Hollywood in California to Hollywood, Florida, to open their flagship location and bring their love of coffee and people out to the East Coast,” she said.
Bilenki explained that Cali Coffee stands are primarily drive-through based and do not have the expansive seating areas of the traditional coffee shops. “In today’s hectic world, people have places to go and don’t always have time to park their cars, stand in line, and wait for their coffee,” she said.
Cali Coffee focuses on high-quality, premium drinks served quickly and with a smile, with customer service being a key ingredient. She said that the shop would not offer any food items and would instead concentrate on coffee and tea, shakes, and specialty drinks, including sodas and energy drinks.
With Dunkin Donuts just 0.25 miles southeast from the new shop, the company plans to “embrace competition” and offer residents another coffee option on the westbound side of McNab Road.
The company is also planning to open new shops in Stuart, North Lauderdale, Coconut Creek, and Miramar.
At this time, there is no anticipated opening date set, however, once open, the store will operate Monday to Friday, 5.30 a.m. to 10 p.m., and 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on the weekends.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo