Photos by Adam Baron
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Cheating on my diet never felt as good as it did during the Krispy Kreme sneak peek on Sunday, where I was able to satiate my sugar addition.
The new store won’t be opening up until Wednesday, but they had a special invite-only event for friends and family. In attendance were James Cosentino, Owner of Krispy Kreme South Florida, Cynthia McGuire, Manager of Off-Premises Sales, and a whole army of employees cranking out delicious doughnuts.
Krispy Kreme also had two local residents who won the chance to become ambassadors for the new store by submitting their most memorable Krispy Kreme story to their Facebook page. The winners were; Tamarac resident Lori Bolte, an office manager for Rickards Middle School and Plantation resident Mark Apicella who works for Sunrise Fire-Rescue.
The sneak peek allowed the lucky few with the “Golden Ticket” to take home free doughnuts as well as try all of their many coffee drinks and Krispy Kreme Chillers, which are fruit blended drinks. I was also treated to my first, hot-off-the-press, warm glazed donuts….Joy!
Wednesday is their grand opening and two lucky doughnut lovers have a chance of winning free doughnuts for a year. Be the first person either in line or in the drive-thru lane and win all the doughnuts you’ve ever dreamed of. Everyone is invited to the long-awaited grand opening of the new store on Wednesday, November 14.
Get there early on their grand opening day for a chance to win one of these sweet prizes:
- Free doughnuts every week for a year – to the first person in line
- Next 99 people in line get a free dozen each month for a year.
- The first 100 customers in line receive a free commemorative t-shirt.
- First drive-thru customer – free Doughnuts for a year
- Next 11 customers will receive a free dozen each month for a year.
- First 12 fans in line at the drive-thru will receive a free commemorative t-shirt.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.