By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac Veterans Day Service was held on Sunday, featuring keynote speaker Lieutenant Colonel Anthony Ricci, Commander of the Air Force Reserve ROTC at the University of Miami.
Performing was the Taravella High School Concert Band. Veterans and residents were in attendance at the service.
A tribute by Mayor Beth Talabisco was paid to the late Bill Kling with a commemorative plaque in the park. Kling was a staunch advocate for veterans. Kling served for eight years as Florida’s commissioner of Veterans Affairs and 27 years as the Broward County Veterans Council president.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town