By: Sharon Aron Baron
After several months, the renovations are finally complete at Sunset Point Park in Tamarac, and to celebrate, the City will be holding a Grand Reopening ceremony to show off its new look.
Closed for five months, the total park makeover includes a new picnic shelter, fitness stations and multipurpose pathways. Most noticeably, is the brand new playground area which was already being utilized by children Sunday afternoon. With soft astroturf padding, innovated new play equipment, and a shaded, covered area, children enjoyed swinging, climbing and running around. Plus, there was plenty of seating for watchful parents.
One of the new additions that parents will enjoy will be the Expression Swing. This swing allows a child under five and an adult to interact with each other and to experience one another’s facial expressions while at play. This were donated by the PAROT Foundation.
According to City Spokesperson Elise Boston, DW Recreation Services was the contractor for the $489,000 playground project. Grants paid for $100,000 of the total.
Sunset Point Park is located on the western portion of the city on 11000 McNab Road. All residents are invited to attend the reopening ceremony on Wednesday, March 23, at 4:00 p.m. with the mayor and city commissioners.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications