By Agrippina Fadel
This year’s One Tamarac celebration will not only honor the local multicultural community but also commemorate the city’s 60th Anniversary.
Held on Saturday, May 20, from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Tamarac Sports Complex, the free festival includes musical entertainment by international recording artist Paul Anthony and the Reggae Souljahs and Grammy-award-winning artist Tomasito Cruz Band.
Other performances include Fushu Daiko Japanese Taiko and SASA African Dance Theater. The festival features a cultural exhibition area, a children’s fun zone, and a diverse lineup of local food vendors.
“The City of Tamarac has grown over the past sixty years, making us a truly diverse community of 72,000 plus,” said Greg Warner, City of Tamarac’s Director of Parks and Recreation.
He added that the diversity has made the city what it is today.
“We have chosen to share our similarities and celebrate our differences while also commemorating the city’s 60th Anniversary at One Tamarac,” Warned said, adding that the family-friendly event will offer diverse entertainment, kids activities, and multicultural performers.
“We’ll also have a spectacular laser light show to close the night. Please join us on May 20 at the Sports Complex,” added Warner.
Tamarac Sports Complex is located at 9901 NW 77th Street.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Ticket Alert: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Tribute Show at the Palace
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo