By Sharon Aron Baron
A pedestrian died after being struck by a vehicle in Tamarac on Monday, September 11.
At approximately 10:45 a.m.Broward County Regional Communications received an urgent call reporting a collision between a vehicle and a pedestrian near the 3300 block of West Commercial Boulevard in Tamarac.
The preliminary investigation conducted by authorities unveiled the sequence of events. Luis Enrique Ramirez Ortega, 23, of North Lauderdale, was identified as the driver of a black 2000 Ford Mustang convertible, traveling eastbound on West Commercial Boulevard in the left-thru lane at the time of the incident.
Simultaneously, the pedestrian, whose name was not released, was in the process of crossing West Commercial Boulevard, presumably using the designated crosswalk located at Northwest 33rd Avenue.
The Ford Mustang collided with the pedestrian, resulting in a controlled stop for the vehicle in the designated left turn lanes for Northwest 31st Avenue.
First responders from Tamarac Fire Rescue rushed to the scene. Regrettably, they pronounced the pedestrian deceased at the scene of the accident.
The driver of the Ford Mustang remained at the scene of the incident and fully cooperated with the subsequent investigation.
Preliminary findings indicate that impairment is not believed to be a contributing factor to the tragic crash, according to detectives.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes