By: Sharon Aron Baron
A pedestrian was struck by a truck when crossing a busy street outside of the designated crosswalk area Wednesday morning in Tamarac.
At 6:14 a.m. Wednesday morning, Louis Ninan, 65, was crossing the 3000 block of Commercial Boulevard from north to south outside of the designated crosswalk and against the traffic signal when he entered the path of a Ford F-150 truck driven by Robert Herot, 68, and was struck in the right thru lane.
Tamarac Fire Rescue responded and transported the pedestrian to Broward Health Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased at 6:45 a.m. The driver was not injured and remained on the scene.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.07.22Register Now for the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.07.10Tamarac Commission Remains Undecided on Millage Rate after 6 Hour Budget Meeting
- News2021.07.09Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Hosts Twin Cup Golf Tournament
- News2021.06.30Public Meetings Held for Atlantic Blvd Interchange Improvements at the Sawgrass Expressway