By: Sharon Aron Baron
A pedestrian was struck by a truck when crossing a busy street outside of the designated crosswalk area Wednesday morning in Tamarac.
At 6:14 a.m. Wednesday morning, Louis Ninan, 65, was crossing the 3000 block of Commercial Boulevard from north to south outside of the designated crosswalk and against the traffic signal when he entered the path of a Ford F-150 truck driven by Robert Herot, 68, and was struck in the right thru lane.
Tamarac Fire Rescue responded and transported the pedestrian to Broward Health Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased at 6:45 a.m. The driver was not injured and remained on the scene.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.01.24Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 1
- News2020.01.23Tamarac Woman Dies After Single-Vehicle Accident in Coral Springs
- News2020.01.23Broward County Offering Express Service from BB&T Center to Miami International Airport
- News2020.01.21J.P. Taravella Drama Holding Semiannual Garage Sale