By: Sharon Aron Baron
A pedestrian was struck by a truck when crossing a busy street outside of the designated crosswalk area Wednesday morning in Tamarac.
At 6:14 a.m. Wednesday morning, Louis Ninan, 65, was crossing the 3000 block of Commercial Boulevard from north to south outside of the designated crosswalk and against the traffic signal when he entered the path of a Ford F-150 truck driven by Robert Herot, 68, and was struck in the right thru lane.
Tamarac Fire Rescue responded and transported the pedestrian to Broward Health Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased at 6:45 a.m. The driver was not injured and remained on the scene.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton